The “Land, Food, and Community” series is a number of classes (LFS 250, 350, and 450) UBC Land and Food Systems students take every year. The LFC series is unique in that it emphasizes community learning, students will work in different communities to explore issues related to food security with various community partners. This year 200 LFS students are enrolled in LFS 350, working on 28 different community projects, and were tasked with maintaining a blog on their projects.
The LFS Learning Centre offers some advice on responsible blogging:
- True privacy does not exist online! Assume everything you post online could be seen by anyone, don’t say anything that you would not say in person
- Make it worth reading! Provide information and ask questions
- Be interesting and relevant in your posts, write as if you were addressing a large audience
- Communicate with your group members
- Collaboration on a blog requires guidelines about what should be shared, the writing style used, and how content gets published