To empower the LFS community to achieve excellence through the use of the best tools and practices available.
The Learning Centre connects our community to the best pedagogical, communication, and technical solutions. We promote engaging, forward-thinking, and efficient practices to advance learning and teaching, research, and service.
creative problem solving
building technical skills and confidence
family and personal balance
self and work care
user relations and trust
Learning Centre Strategic Plan Progression
- Created new LC Strategic Plan for 2021-2026
- Shared modified LFS LC Strategic Plan with 10 goals for May 2019 – May 2020
- [April 2] Presented LFS Learning Centre Strategic Plan at special community meeting in MSL 102
- Announced course redesign initiative
- 2019 Horizon Report
- 2018 Horizon Report
- Educause Learning Initiative 7 Things You Should Know About …
- Strategic Planning vs. Strategic Thinking (HBR)
- The UBC Strategic Plan
- The Land and Food Systems Action Plan
- LFS Learning Centre Quarterly Newsletter
- Instructors’ Perspectives on Learning Technologies in the Multidisciplinary Faculty of Land and Food Systems at the University of British Columbia, Canada.