This year’s LFS Teaching Colloquy will be held on Wednesday, May 17th, 2023 from 10am to 2pm.
This year, we’ll be covering Multi-access and Hybrid Teaching in the morning, and Artificial Intelligence with a focus on ChatGPT in the afternoon. We hope you can join us for some or both of the sessions!
Please RSVP here: https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_899rbIhR0ECb0fs
Location: MCML 166 & online via Zoom
Lunch will be served for in-person attendees.
10-10:30 Opening remarks and LFS Teaching Award announcement, Sandra Brown & Judy Chan
10:30-12 Multi-access and hybrid teaching, moderated by Duncan McHugh
– Presentations by Azita Madadi-Noei & Patricia Hingston
– Q&A discussion with Azita Madadi-Noei, Patricia Hingston, Kelleen Wiseman & Jerzy Zawistowski, and group activity
12-12:30 Remarks by Rickey Yada & Lunch
12:30-1:50 Teaching in the age of artificial intelligence and ChatGPT, moderated by Gabriel Smith
– Introduction by Duffy Roberts
– Presentations by Celeste Leander & Lindsay Cuff
– Q&A discussion and group activity
1:50-2 Closing remarks by Judy Chan